Friday, September 14, 2007

new beginnings

Thank the Lord, I am now three weeks into my discipleship training school. For those who do not know the program is called ACTS (Antioch Christian Training School) and is located in Tiaton WA. Our team this session consists of 4 guys, 3 girls and one guy and one girl intern. The program consists of 12 weeks of teaching then 4 weeks of Outreach ministry. We will be going to Mexico for our Outreach scheduled for mid November through mid December. We are beginning to raise our support for the trip so I could use prayer as this is something I am very uncomfortable with. But i do know the Lord will provide. After Outreach we finish up with a three day retreat to reflect on what God has taught us and say our goodbyes. The program has a great website you can check out at www.gcmacts.com

I have no doubt in my mind that God put me in this program. The circumstances by which i came are to long and complex for me to write here. I do know that this is Gods plan for me and I am very excited to be back in communion with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I could use prayer that my walk would stay consistent even after ACTS ends, and I would rely on the Lord only for my strength. I am not sure what i will be doing after the program, but at this point i am really not concerned. It feels so good to be able to commit the majority of my every day to the study of Gods word and bettering my relationship with him, and not be worried about what comes next.

The Lord has blessed us with an awesome team. We all seem to get along great and have a ton of fun in our free time as well as during program. One thing i have been most impressed with is that this team is a praying team. We pray LOTS! It feels so good to be in good communication with the God of the universe. It has been most of two years since i have been wiling to bring any sort of requests before Him.

I would like to say a quick thank you to all of you out there who have been praying for me. I am sorry for the testimony I have lived these past two years and for any way I have offended any of you. The Lord is good and continues to pour out his love for me, when i run, time and time again.

I will try to be more faithful to updating this whenever I get new information. Maybe ill even post some pics. You can see some pictures for yourself on the ACTS website under Session 7 in the gallery.

3 comments:

threetwentyone said...

I don't have anything to say. Just picture me with the hugest smile on my face.j

Huck Finn said...

rock on dude! i'm freakin proud of you man. God's got huge plans for you and i'm stoked that i can say you're my brother. marti and i pray for you often.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Sounds awesome there! A lot like my DTS... amazingly powerful time with God. Is that curly red headed girlie from Newberg? She looks familiar...
Hey, I love you buddy! Hope you have a radical time with God!
~Bex